Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Jamie's New Job

Ok, I have been really lax in writing anything. But I do have reason, as I have a new job, and that has been keeping me extremely busy. I am now the new Office Manager at the Waterford on West Century. For those of you who don’t know what that is, it is a retirement home for the older generation. I do everything from accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll for all the employees. I finally feel like I have a job that will maximize what I went to school for. I get to use my education.

The second question everyone has been asking me is what have I been doing with Brett? Well, he is in an at home daycare with about 6 other kids his own age. He has him moments at when and if he is really liking it or not. He still hasn’t enjoyed being dropped off in the morning and I can’t leave without him crying and him getting to have his moment. After a bit though, she says he calms down, but still has his temper moments throughout the day. He is really a mama’s boy, way more then Dustin ever was.

Dustin has been going to a friend of ours after school, and starting this next week, he will be going to our neighbors behind us after school. He doesn’t seem to mind the change as much and tends to enjoy it because he gets to play after school, and doesn’t have to come home and do his homework right away. He is doing wonderful in school this year, and at times complains that his homework is too easy. She is giving him additional work though to challenge him a little bit more. We all got the biggest kick out of him when he went to school the first day and came home. His teachers name this year is Donna Schmidt, and he told us it wasn’t his grandma that was teaching him this year.

Shawn I think is having the biggest adjustment of me working out of the house. He now leaves later then me in the morning and gets home before me, so he often has to start supper instead of having it all made up on the table for him when he gets home. He now also has to share the bathroom in the morning, and keeps telling me he wants to build a master bathroom/closet addition. I can’t see spending the additional money, just to pee in a pot…but, I am getting a few more clothes as I do have to dress up every day, and can’t stay in my comfy’s all day. Maybe someday. Our Inline Designs is going slow at this time, which can be expected as no one wants to think of building during the winter. We are hoping that it will again pick up next February or March.

Anyway, I hope everyone is healthy, happy and staying warm. God Bless You.

Shawn, Jamie, Dustin, and Brett

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home