Monday, September 29, 2008

LIFE WITH THE GUNTHERS

Uncle Bill,

I just wanted to personally thank you for keeping up the blog. I truly enjoy reading it and keeping up with family issues. I hadn't heard that Susie got a new job, so that was really exciting!

Life here in Billings is good. The leaves are starting to change color. Fall is such a beautiful time of year here in Montana. Terry and I are getting ready to go on vacation the week of October 12-17. We're heading for Leavenworth, Washington, to attend the OctoberFest there and to take in the area. Terry's brother and his wife will join us. We're looking forward to seeing the fall foilage in Washington as well.

Our kids are both doing very well. Michelle left Maurices after serving as their manager for 5 years. She now works in advertising layout for the local Miles City Star newspaper, and she just loves it! She has weekends off and can now enjoy her family more. My son Ryan, works for Mid-Rivers Communications and was on the cover of their website recently. He also has his own 'billboard' (a picture of him working at Midrivers was posted on a billboard in Miles City). He's gotten a lot of razzing from friends for being on a billboard, but we think it's pretty cool! (picture attached).

I'm in my last year of federal service and can retire next year after serving 34 years. Depending on finances, I hope to be able to do so in January, 2010, but will have to wait and see if I can afford it. I will probably continue to work part time doing something outside the federal government, and look forward to doing something totally different.

God bless and thanks again for overseeing the Blog.

Charlie Gunther

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home