Tuesday, January 26, 2010

TIM'S SPECIAL TRIBUTE TO HIS MOTHER

I just wanted to thank everyone for coming and would like to say a few words about our mother. The last few years had been very hard for her. Mom always has some kind of "owies" as she called it. But through everything she was always lifted by her family. Her strength was always from her undying love of her family, and not just from her children and grandchildren, but from the whole family. Her sisters and brother, nieces and nephews, cousins, and of course her mother and father.

One of her greatest joys was to get news of the family. Mom remembered everyone and genuinely adored them. I remember her talking about her Aunt Beulah and when she stayed with her when Grandma was teaching, and Grandpa was farming. She remembered it all! Mom wanted me to know who my family was, and how much they meant to her. So, I just wanted everyone here to know how important your family is to you. Always to give hugs and kisses when you see them and especially when you say goodbye.

In the last few months I tried to give my mother a hug and kiss, and tell her I loved her when I was leaving. I could tell in her face that this gave her the greatest strength to cope with her "owies." I hope everyone here will do the same with their families. It has more healing power than you will every realize. Again, my sisters and I thank for for coming and your support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home