Thursday, April 08, 2010

The Rude's Visit Costa Rica




Maureen and Mat spent 10 days in Costa Rica--at Arenal volcano and then on a Windstar cruise for a week. Very hot, but wonderful people, beautiful places to visit, and a relaxing time!
The fellow in the photo is Carlos, who was the "naturalist" on our ship, and gave us great ideas of places to go and things to see, as well as some local "Tico" flavor. As many of you may recall, our family lived in Costa Rica when I was a baby, moving back to Montana before I turned 3. I had always wanted to go there and see the country I heard my folks talk about. I am sure it has changed much since 45 (!!) years ago, but I enjoyed getting to see the country. I especially enjoyed the culture and the warmth of the people--although I will admit the warmth of the coast was a bit overwhelming. I have heard it called "Tosta Rica" from other people who traveled there.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home