Thursday, August 17, 2006

AN UPDATE FROM CINDY

Hi all,

Our family reunion is still fresh in my mind, even though it has been almost a month. My kids are still talking about all their cousins and how much fun they had fishing, boating and sitting by the campfire. We all had a wonderful time. It was so nice to see grandpa enjoying himself. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful family. Life is all about memory builders. At church on Sunday the sermon was about food having meaning and the first thing I thought about was picking peas from my garden, and the taste brought back memories of Grandma Lassey and picking peas in her garden, and she would let us eat them. Of course we all have special memories of grandpa and grandma and the farm.

I do feel bad that I didn't get to visit with everyone as much as I would have liked to, but I guess that is how it all worked out. I know it is too soon to talk about doing this again next year, or some kind of reunion, but it did sound like everyone would like to make this an annual event.

Good news about Mom--she is off the oxygen as of yesterday. She said she feels free! She looks better than she has looked in a long time. I am amazed at how mnuch fluid she did have, now seeing her without the fluid. She has lost 25 pounds which really seems to have improved her morale. She is now able to wear all the clothes she bought down in Arizona last year. I told her now that she is off the oxygen we can go rummage saling, which she has not been able to do all summer.

The kids go back to school on August 24th, not any too soon for me. They are getting very bored at home, which means they call me at work way too much just to say Mom I'm bored, or can I eat this, or can I have a friend over, or so and so is being mean to me, or so and so won't play with me. Ha, ha, I am sure a few of you can relate or remember those days. Christiopher will start 7th grade, Whitney will be in 4th grade, Sarah in 3rd grade, and Amanda will be in pre-school.

I will write more when I can.

Cindy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home