Sunday, November 08, 2009

MAUREEN AND MAT

We are doing well--October was a busy month with fun things as well as work. We had the jazz festival in Kalispell, which we always enjoy, and then I met up with some gals I used to work with at Fannie Mae (one from North Dakota, one from Kentucky) in Las Vegas. We went to see Bette Midler, and also did a helicopter trip into the Grand Canyon. It was fun, although I could never go to Vegas again and be perfectly happy.

Mat just returned from a trip to Florida. Friend Justin had a conference at a place right on the beach, so Mat decided to tag along and hang out for a few days. It ended up being a long ways from everything, but I think he enjoyed the relaxation.

Sorry to hear about the rosacea--along with the eye problems. I am having enough trouble with my eyes that I think I can be very compassionate! Mine seem to be either so dry (but lots of goop) or running non-stop. Drives me crazy.

Right now we don't have any plans to be down there-Mat's annual conference is in San Diego this year, but he is not sure whether he is going to go or not. I think there may be a May conference again this year in Phoenix, but will let you know as soon as I do.

Did I tell you we are going to Costa Rica in March? We are going on the "windstar" cruise line. I can't wait.

I am still so busy at work I can hardly keep my head on straight--but I love what I am doing, so that helps. My three AmeriCorps Vistas have really added to my capacity, but also to my workload--a bit of a mixed blessing but I think the program is so amazing.

Have a wonderful Sunday.

Love, Maureen


TUCSON

I am adjusting to having a malady called Rosacea, making my face red and also affecting my eyes. A Mayo Clinic ophthalomogist put me on three medications to deal with eyes and face, including an antibiotic. Fortunately, the only pain/discomfort is the eyes part.

On Monday we are hosting a picnic to celebrate the birthday of a long-time friend of ours here who was one of Marie's colleagues at UI. Attending will be another of Marie's former colleagues, as well as Zaye's mate. They are all very intelligent people who love to talk democratic politics as much as we do!

We have been spending a lot of time in Scottsdale for Marie's follow-up appointments, and with my eye and throat exams in mid-November and mid-December. We have especially enjoyed Kierland Commons, an "urban village" in north Scottsdale. It is an appealing spot.

Cheers,

Bill and Marie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home