Monday, August 28, 2006

THE KIDNEY STONE CHALLENGE!

Health news from Belgium.

It's so good to get all this news from our American relatives directly from the Internet. Over here in the "old country," as Constant and Emily Lassey used to call it, things are going their usual way, except Hedwig is having a painful health problem.

You may know or not that lately I'm having to deal with a "king size" kidney stone. Two attempts to have it pulverized on August 14 and 18 have failed. On August 22, I entered the hospital where they tried to remove it by lithotripsy, which failed as well. I was in the hospital until Friday the 25th while two more pulverizing attempts were made--all in vain. Tomorrow, August 28, I have to return to the hospital for another attempt to pulverize the "b*****rd." Hopefully, this one will be successful and I can consider all this as belonging to my personal history.

The pain has become bearable due to some most effective pain killing meds.

I'll try to keep you informed about my progress!

All the best from Flanders.

Hedwig and Herna

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home