Thursday, May 10, 2007

SUSAN AND HARVEY'S MOVE

Hi Bill,
Yes, I have signed an employment agreement with Northwest Medical (soon to be MeritCare) and will start on July 1. And, I have been accepted to the Suicide Summer Research program at the University of Rochester. This is a National Institute of Mental Health supported project that provides training to physicians, psychologists, and other interested professionals in suicide intervention and prevention. They will fly me to NY and put me up for a week, at no cost to me or my program. The first year of this program deals with developing research that will prevent suicide. For me, this means developing some kind of program that can be left behind for psychology residents in the MCARPT program. The second year deals with writing a grant for NIMH monies to fund the research. I am excited about the possibilities.

On a sad note, Julie called this morning and informed me that her brother-in-law, Mark, committed suicide. She was in a rush to get to Williston to be with Dennis. Harvey is coming to Detroit Lakes tonight, and we will make our way to Williston tomorrow to offer whatever comfort we can. I did call Mom to make sure she was doing okay with this news. This will likely bring up a few "Rod memories" for all of us. I intend to bring my laptop, so I'll keep you posted as we hear more news.

Love,
Susan


"It is never too late to be what you might have been." George Eliot


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home