Wednesday, May 05, 2010

NEWS FROM CHARLENE!

Wed, 5 May 2010

Hi Uncle Bill,

You asked for an update, so here goes.

Since mom's death, I've been dealing with some health issues. At first, I thought it was heart issues, but this was ruled out after a Stress Echo and Holter monitor, which only revealed occasional irregular heart beats and high blood pressure. However, my blood tests revealed an elevated M-Protein. My doctor referred me to a hemotologist because an elevated M-protein can be a precursor to Multiple Myloma. The hemotologist ran additional blood tests, and all the tests came back within normal limits except my Immunoglobulins which continue to show a spike. (Normal range is 48-271; mine tested at 335). The doctor didn't seem to be too concerned but stated that I need to be followed every three months and if there continues to be a spike in this M-protein, then we'll have to do a bone marrow test to see if it is the start of Multiple Myloma. Kind of scary, but I do have faith that if the lord gives this to me, he'll get me thru it. So I continue to put my faith in him!

I've been checking into retirement,and depending on my health issues, I do plan to retire at the end of the year. I hope to take some time off, spend some quality time with my family, then look for part-time work. Looking forward to my senior years!

Charlie Gunther

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home