Wednesday, August 30, 2006

FROM THE GUNTHERS

Sounds like Mom and Tim are heading to the farm this weekend to see Grandpa. Boy, I'm so pleased that Mom can travel again. Just got off the phone with her and she sounds terrific! She says she is feeling so much better; her kidneys are even functioning now. She asked the doctor if she could ever get off the dialysis and he told her that even though her kidney is functioning again, if she stopped the dialysis, it would cause problems with her heart. I guess she's lost a lot of weight as well, which we all know is a good thing! I'm just so glad that God hears our prayers and continues to help mom recover!

Terry and I are very busy these days. It is the end of the fiscal year for the BLM. So, as Contracting Officer, I'm busy spending the government's money. Silly - I figured if they haven't spent it by now, they must not really need it, but that is not the way it works in the federal government. It's buy, buy, buy, spend it before they take it back! Drives me nuts! I have three years left before I am eligible for retirement, and I am considering continuing to work for another 5 plus years, but I have my mements when three years seems pretty tempting to retire. On the other hand, I think I would go stir crazy without my job. Terry would love to retire, and may end up having to go out on a disability due to problems with cirulcation in his legs from blood clots, plus arthritis. He has been applying for new positions around Billings, trying to find something that doesn't reuire him to be on his feet all day. It's so hard on his body, and he is not a young man anymore. If he can't find anything. then he'll check into SS disability retirement.

Daughter Michelle is a busy mom and managing the Maurice's store in Miles City. Our oldest grandson, Tristan, just started kindergarten on Monday. And little KayLee, now 2 1/2, started a new day care. They are gorwing like weeds, which means grandma and grandpa are getting older. Yiks! Our son, Ryan, continues to work for Mid Rivers telecommunication in Miles City, where he installs cable, internet, telephone, networks, etc. He has a cute little house, a wide circle of friends, loves to go fishing and still dabbles in the computers. He does have a side business in computer repairs, troubleshooting, building computers, etc., and is very good at it. However, he's decided he likes working outdoors more than sitting behind a computer, so will stay with Mid Rivers. He loves his job and loves being back in his hometown of Miles City. Our Son-In-Law, Gary, also works along side Ryan at Mid Rivers. Nothing like "keeping it in the family."

Happy Labor Day to all!

Charlie Gunther

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home