Friday, September 01, 2006

And From The Wildmans!

Uncle Bill and all,

I haven't taken time to figure out the blog thing! Just wanted
you to know I enjoy checking out the Lasseyclan site every once in awhile.
It's nice to see what all of us are doing. What a shame we didn't keep in
touch this way earlier.

I liked Charlie's note about her family; I think it would be
great if we all took a little time and updated each other on our families.
I guess I'll start!

I'm STILL working for the City of Miles City. I've been there
32 years and could have retired at 30 years. Like so many of us; I'm too
young to just retire and also I can't afford the health insurance! Besides,
I can't imagine going to work for someone half my age for half of the pay! Guess
I'll plug away here for a few more years. Maybe the job of my life will
drop in my lap or that one lottery ticket will be it! My joy is life is my
family especially our grandchildren.

Dallas owns his own salon and loves it! It still amazes me the
field he is in but it just shows you that you never know where you will be
in life. Jodi is employed with Farm Service Agency and is lucky to be in
the Federal system. When she started she had to do the farm reports on the
radio and didn't even know how the difference between barley and alfalfa.
She has come a long way and enjoys working with the producers. Ted is
employed with the State Highway Department so I guess you could say we are
governmental parasites. Ted and Jodi stay very busy as they also run
all the administrative duties of the Youth Ministry at our church. Ben is
11 today and acts like it; he is in wrestling and little guy football.

I'm having a hard time having had girls, trying to understand football. I'm
learning and am at every game! He is also in Lasso (advanced classes) so
I'm sure he got his brains from me! Gavin is 8 and is in soccer and flag
football. He is an artist and very talented. I see him more interested in
art and reading books than sports. However, we'll see. Hope he does well, Hope is 4
and can shop with the best of us. She has an eye for clothes and can make
her Mom or I run for our money in WalMart as she insists on trying on
everything is sight. She is a typical little girl but loves to play with
frogs! Jenny is Special Ed teacher in Bozeman. She has been working on her
endorsement and will finish that this Spring and will only have 27 credits
to complete her Masters in Special Education. We are very proud of her as
she has put herself thru school and continues to amaze us by being so
dedicated to her profession and goals.

As you can see, we are very lucky. I have always said; there is
nothing greater in life than having your children WANT to be around you.
Having them close is God's blessing!

I'm planning on a Fall trip this month to the farm to see
Grandpa and Mavis and then on to Bismarck to visit all, and off to Minot to
see Dad and Sylvia. It is a long overdue trip and I hope to spend a little
quality time with everyone.

Fill me in on all your family's!

Linda



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home