Sunday, November 09, 2008

HISTORIC PHOTOS AND SOME NEWS







The picture of the ranch and river was taken long ago before Dad and Mom built their new house, and, I think, when they won the Soil Conservation Award in the 1960s. (Correct me if I am wrong, somebody!). The family photos were taken over the years beginning in about 1945 when Lila, Marilyn, and I were still in grade school. My copy of the earliest photo is not dated with a year, so I don't know the precise time. I'll try to get dates for the other photos, as well.

ON THE RANCH

It snowed in North Dakota this last week (no news to most of you!), making the national news with photos of nine inches at Bismarck, and blizzard conditions that closed Interstate 90 for a couple of days. At Cartwright, there was only about an inch or so of snow, but rain caused icy conditions under the snow. Ron, Will, and Luke were working in the fields to get the fall work done right up until the rain/snow hit.

Marilyn and Issy had the good sense to get out of town for Yuma and escape the snow. Dad said the "weather was not too bad, and I am used to it, so it doesn't bother me!" He is doing fine, and enjoyed going to church this morning!

Cheers,

Bill and Marie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home